It can be easy to have expectations when it comes to wanting a website so we've compiled a few things you should keep in mind during the process.
1) Even if you aren’t selling products online having a website is beneficial. Your products may only be sold in a store but having the website can point potential customers to what you sell and where your store/ business is. Furthermore, websites can be used as a portfolio attracting customers to your services.
2) Just because you have a website does not mean you will gain visitors. To get your website higher up on the search page you need to improve your SEO which you can read more about by clicking here.
3) Websites may seem expensive but in the long run it’s a great investment which can bring awareness to your brand and give a place for people to come if they want to find out more about your brand and contact you. Remember, if the website is cheap then don’t expect amazing quality, you get what you pay for.
4) Once you have a website you’ll want to keep updating it such as adding more products, services, portfolio or blog posts. Having a section for blog posts on your website is an easy way to keep updates occurring on your website, having continuous content can improve your SEO as well as boost traffic.
5) It doesn’t matter if you don’t like your website, you have to remember that it’s for your customers/readers so try to view it like they would. You may hate the colour pink but perhaps it's exactly what will attract your audience.
6) Popularity will not occur overnight once your site goes live. Advertise your website on your social media pages so people can be reminded that your website exists, especially if you have new blog posts up. You can read more about improving traffic here.
Thinking of creating a website or updating yours? Get in contact with us for stunning website design and consistent social media management.